Fallout 76 No Region Ping is one of the most common issues when playing on Game Pass. While the game in itself comes with various bugs and errors, and issues such as lack of sound, server disconnect issues, launch crash, few can suck the joy out of your game more than the no region ping error. In this article, we delve deep into the causes of this problem and explore some of the most effective solutions for Fallout 76 No Region Ping on Game Pass.
The Impact Of “Fallout 76 No Region Ping Game Pass”
When this issue occurs, your screen displays the message “Vault-Tec engineers are hard at work getting our services back online! (NoRegionPing)”. You remain stuck on that screen with an option to quit or retry. The only way to play again is to delete any installed security programs or disable the “controlled folder access” from the Security Center.
What Causes “No Region Ping” Error When Playing Fallout 76 On Game Pass?
Fallout 76 “No Region Ping” error is almost always caused by the security settings in your PC. You are likely to encounter this error when Amazon AWS or Fallout 76 is blocked in your firewall and DNS setting. The error could also occur as a result of storing the game file in an unsuitable location. If your router does not allow PING commands, you might also experience a “No Region Ping” error when playing Fallout 76 on Game Pass.
How to Fix “Fallout 76 No Region Ping Game Pass”?
There are a couple of ways to go about fixing Fallout 76 No Region Ping Game Pass. For example, you could try moving the game file to the same location as your operating system drive then reload the game. Alternatively, you could try changing the firewall and DNS settings and remove restrictions that may be hampering Fallout 76 or any associated software from working well.
Move Fallout 76 To The Same Location As Your Operating System
If Fallout 76 was automatically stored in a secondary location when downloading and you are now experiencing the “No Region Ping” error, it might be a good idea to relocate your gaming file to the same folder as your operating system and reload the game. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Step 1: Quit and exit the game.
- Step 2: Navigate to the directory where the game is installed (C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\Fallout 76).
- Step 3: Find the file named Project76.ini and copy it.
- Step 4: Navigate to C:\Users\user.name\Documents\My Games\Fallout 76 and paste the Project76.ini file.
- Step 5: Relaunch the game and check whether the issue is resolved. If the error persists, try the solution below.
Remove Local Network Restrictions
Restrictions on your local network can also cause a “No Region Ping” error on Fallout 76. Here are some ways to fix this problem:
- Step 1: If you have already edited the .ini file, move it to your desktop.
- Step 2: Navigate to Menu > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Windows Defender Security Center > Virus & Threat Protection > Ransomware Protection.
- Step 3: Add the following files to the exceptions of your anti-virus software and firewall:
Fallout 76.exe – C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda.net Launcher\games\Fallout76
Game Pass – C:\Program Files\ModifiableWIndowsApps\Fallout76\Project76_GamePass.exe
BethesdaNetLauncher.exe – C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda.net Launcher
- Step 4: Relaunch the game to see whether the issue is resolved. If not, try the following.
Change Your Router Settings
Fallout 76 “No Region Ping” on Game Pass could also occur as a result of router settings. In this case, you can perform the following tasks to resolve the issue:
- Step 1: Check whether your router settings allow PING commands.
- Step 2: Ensure the following ports are open on your router: 3000-3010 (UDP), 443 (TCP), 80 (TCP).
- Step 3: If you’re using a wireless connection, switch to wired and vice versa.
- Step 4: Flush your DNS.
- Step 5: If your Internet Service Provider is using a private IP address by default, change the APN settings on your router and use public IP.
If you’ve followed all the steps outlined above and made, the problem might have to do with the DNS settings and NAT filtering in your router. Since routers have different configurations, check the specific manufacturer instructions on your router on how to resolve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I get a “No Region Ping” error when playing Fallout 76 on Game Pass?
It could be due to the security settings on your PC, the location of the game file, or the settings of your router.
- How can I fix “Fallout 76 No Region Ping Game Pass”?
To fix Fallout 76 no region ping on Game Pass try moving the game file to the C drive or the operating system and reload the game. You could also try removing restrictions on local networks, or change your router settings to allow PING commands.
- Can I play Fallout 76 on Game Pass PC?
Yes, when playing Fallout 76 on PC, you’ll be able to play with other players regardless of whether they are playing through Microsoft Game Pass on PC, Steam, or Bethesda.net.
- Is Fallout 76 worth it in 2022?
Yes. Even in 2022, Fallout 76 is worth the cost of admission. The price is quite low depending on where you shop. You can expect to get thirty to forty hours of great story and gameplay before the Daily Ops challenges and looting start to wear thin.
- Can I play Fallout 76 offline in 2022?
No. But you can access several solo quests if that is the mode of play that you prefer.
Tips And Tricks
- When playing through the PC game, use the Xbox App instead of the Bethesda.net Launcher.
- Save the Fallout 76 in the same folder as your OS during installation.
- Remove restrictions for Fallout 76, Bethesda.net, and Game Pass.
- Ensure your router allows PING commands.