If you cannot sign in to your Xbox account and wonder “Xbox app won’t let me sign in”, the cache may be corrupted, which necessitates a reset. It’s wise to restart your PC at least once as well to get rid of temporary Windows hiccups. In the case that the issue persists, don’t hesitate to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app. Depending on the situation, you may want to update Windows too.
A Few Fixes
- Step 1: Open Start menu, select the gear icon to open Settings and choose Apps
- Step 2: Locate Xbox, pick it and click advanced options.
- Step 3: Proceed to hit Reset then let the process go all the way. After you finish, sign in to your Xbox account one more time and see how things turn out.
- Step 1: Open Start menu.
- Step 2: Click the Power icon.
- Step 3: Pick Restart.
Uninstall And Reinstall Xbox
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type PowerShell and hit Run as administrator.
- Step 2: In Windows PowerShell (Admin), run the command Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage.
- Step 3: The moment the process completes, restart your computer.
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Store and press Enter
- Step 2: In Store, search for Xbox then hit Get to download and install it.
- Step 3: As soon as the process concludes, restart your computer.
- Step 1: Open Start menu, select the gear icon to open Settings and choose Update & Security.
- Step 2: In Windows Update & Security, hit Check for updates.
- Step 3: If an update is available, allow Windows to download and install it.
- Step 4: When the update wraps up, restart your computer.
- Step 5: As the screen comes back on, sign into your Xbox account again and see how things turn out.
Think About The Services
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Services and press Enter
- Step 2: In Services, locate Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save and Xbox Live Networking Service. Next, you have to right-click each of the services then pick Properties. If Service status says stopped, hit Start. Also, for good measure, you should change Startup type to Automatic. Lastly, select Apply and choose OK.
- Step 3: Restart your computer
Note: You still have a hard time signing into your Xbox account? Then you should go back to Properties of each of the Xbox services, head to Dependencies tab and note down the dependencies. In case you don’t know, many services on Windows only run if services they depend on also run. Thus, it’s a good idea to check out the status dependencies of Xbox services then make changes if necessary.
What Might Have Gone Wrong
Similar to other apps, Xbox relies on cached data to accelerate operations, but if the cache becomes corrupted, things would go haywire. Hence, in discussions about “Xbox app won’t let me sign in”, many people regard corruption to be the number one suspect. Besides that, if Windows acts up, the performance of apps is going to suffer and Xbox is not an exception. On occasions, the obsolescence of Windows could prevent Xbox from working as expected.
A Beginner’s Guide
- Running the Xbox app as an administrator could help you avoid a lot of hassles.
- Secure a stable Internet connection for your PC to get the most out of Xbox app
- Keep Xbox as well as Windows OS up-to-date.
Is The Xbox App Available On Android?
The Xbox app is accessible on Android as well as iOS. That means you sign into your account on smartphones.
How Come I Can’t Connect Xbox App To My Phone?
In the beginning, restart your smartphone. Next, make sure that you have a stable Internet connection. It won’t hurt to determine whether you have correctly entered the account details.
What Must Be Done To Connect My Console To Apps?
- Step 1: Press the Xbox button.
- Step 2: Go to Profile & system and hit Settings.
- Step 3: Select Devices & connections.
- Step 4: Choose Remote features then hit Xbox app preferences.
- Step 5: Under the Xbox app section, enable Allow connections from any device.
Why Won’t My Xbox Turn on?
- Step 1: Unplug all cables from the console including those on the wall outlets.
- Step 2: Wait for 10 seconds then plug everything back in firmly.
- Step 3: Ensure the LED light on the power supply is on then turn on your console.
How Do I Force Restart Xbox Consoles?
Press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds until it turns off.
What If I Forget The Xbox App Password?
You can reset the password using the Microsoft account email address. You have to verify your identity then a security code will be sent to the email. You could use the code to reset the password.